Friday, December 26, 2008

Sneak Preview of Saddiq's Garden


I've always wanted to sit back, relax and enjoy the fruits of my labour. And today, I think I'm nearer to that goal so I decided that the best way to capture the efforts I've put in was to take photos of my greenies...

Clicking away furiously, I received a pleasant shock that I took more than a hundred shots in total! Not bad for something who is normally a klutz at photography. After a while, there was even this certain feeling of excitement that made my heart pump quickly as I strained my neck, squinted my eyes and summoned all my creative prowess to capture the spirit of each plant. Sensing that it would be high and nigh well impossible to squeeze in all the photos I took, the best option was to select the choicest ones for show!



Of course, my glorious cacti & succulents had quite a day with me contorting in various positions just to capture their beauty. Have a look at the results...











My Cactus Collection
I have got to admit - I have a soft spot for cacti and succulents. Make that extremely soft spot. I mean, how can I not be addicted to them? Each cactus or succulent is so collectible that I can find myself semi-consciouly being dragged against my will to the nearest pasar malam stall hawking all varieties of flora just to stare at a whole lot of cactus in pots calling me out to be their saviour!


















Orchids
Ever since my very first orchid that I bought while on a mini-trip to Dairy Farm with my friends, I have canvassed high and low for quality orchids. My requirements are simple - it must be small, flower regularly and of course simple and uncluttered flowers.

This Dendrobium flowered and bore fruit for the first time ever! How rare!
















Other Plants

































I hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures :)

No comments: